Brief Written Summer Plan:
- Leave School- 23rd of June.
- Travel to Canada - 4th of July.
- Travel Back- 21st of July.
- Interview Vocational Centre.
- Interview Masar Child Development Centre.
- Record in process journal.
- Gather brother’s work and organize them.
- Keep contact with supervisor with constant updates on each step I take. - Throughout “Personal Project”.
- Travel to Bahrain- 8th of August.
- Travel Back- 16th of August.
- Begin Research of Autism, Fine Motor Skills, Galleries
- Plan product design and specifications.
- Start school- 4th of September.
Soon after, the owner was ready to be interviewed and I asked the same questions, expecting different types of answers:
After the interview, I called the “Masar Child Development Centre” to ask for an interview to ask them questions about autism..
They scheduled an appointment for next Monday the 25th of July.
I also Video Recorded My Brother and His Friends working on Accessories and Mosaic. These Video Recordings will make up my Video. (Included in Video)
October Monday the 31st and November Tuesday the 1st, 2011
I have used my previously recorded videos from the Vocational Center and Photographs to build up my video for the Gallery. It is roughly 17 minutes long and consists of Pictures, Video Clips of Zeid Working and Interviews, and Music. I used iMovie to create this video and used music already in the program as well as my own as background music. I have subtitled the Interviews and Speaking Moments to Clarify what is being said. The Video is Called Finding Me Gallery.
Wednesday, November 23rd, 2011
Today I presented my Gallery to the grade 10 students as well as the Grade 11 Psychology Students. I explained my brother’s process to my audience as well as show them a video showing his work and how he learn to use his weaknesses and adapt them into strengths. After the gallery, I handed out questionnaires and received positive and constructive criticism from students and staff.
Saturday, December 10th, 2011
Today I began writing my Personal Statement, and almost concluding my personal project. The deadline for first draft will be on, December 13th 2011. I will include the following sections in order:
Acknowledgment . Introduction . Goal . Gallery Specification
Selection of Sources . Applying Information . Reflection . Appendices